Frequently asked questions about Word Viewer 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article contains answers to the most common questions about Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003.
- What is Word Viewer 2003?
Word Viewer 2003 is a small program that lets Microsoft Word users share their documents with people who do not have Word installed on their computers. Word Viewer 2003 lets users view and print Word documents exactly as they appear in Word.
For information about how to obtain Word Viewer 2003, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- What features are new for Word Viewer 2003?
The following features are new for Word Viewer 2003:
- Reading Layout view
- Support for nested tables and for text-wrapping around tables
- Complete Information Rights Management (IRM) feature support
- Digital Signatures Validation
- Ability to open *.xml files
- What are the system requirements for Word Viewer 2003?
- PC with 233 MHz or higher processor (Pentium III or compatible processor recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows XP, or a later version of Windows
- 128 MB of RAM or higher
- 7 MB of hard disk space (9 MB for installation)
- Super VGA (800 X 600) or higher resolution graphics adaptor and monitor
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- What happened to the earlier versions of Word Viewer?
The availability of earlier versions of Word Viewer has been discontinued. Earlier versions of Word Viewer have been replaced by Word Viewer 2003.
Word Viewer 2003 can view Word documents that are created in the following versions of Word:
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Word 2002
- Microsoft Word 2000
- Microsoft Word 97
- How can I obtain technical support for Word Viewer 2003?
To view support options and to obtain support for Word Viewer 2003, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- I have Word Viewer 2003 and Microsoft Office Word 2003 installed on the same computer. How can I control which program starts when I open a Word document?
To control which program opens your Word document, you must change the file association for each program. For more information about how to change the file association in Microsoft Windows, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:307859 How to change file associations in Windows XP320033 How to change file associations in Windows 2000
- Where is the toolbar in Word Viewer 2003?
Word Viewer 2003 does not have a toolbar. Adding toolbar support to Word Viewer 2003 would have made the program significantly larger and would have slowed the program start time.
To make Word Viewer 2003 as small and as fast as possible, toolbar support was not included with the program.
- Why do I receive a message about margins that are set outside the printable region when I print a document in Word Viewer 2003?
You may receive this message if the document was created in Word, and one or more of the margins was set to a value that is smaller than what your printer can print. For more information about this error message and how to work around the error message, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:166055 Margins outside printable area error in Word Viewer
- How do I remove Word Viewer 2003 from my computer?
To remove Word Viewer 2003 from your computer, follow these steps:
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Quit Word Viewer 2003.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Currently installed programs list, click Word Viewer 2003, and then click Remove.
- Can I make copies of Word Viewer 2003 and distribute them to other people?
Yes. Word Viewer 2003 is a freeware program. Microsoft encourages you to distribute Word Viewer 2003 to people who do not have Word installed on their computers.
- Can I print a document using a /p command line switch?
Printing documents using a command line /p switch is not supported in Microsoft Word or in Microsoft Word Viewer versions 97 and later versions.
word2003 wd2003 wordviewer viewer2003 faq
Article ID: 889660 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 01:55:16 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003, Microsoft Word 2002, Microsoft Word 2000, Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbinfo KB889660