How to change the Send/Receive settings and the frequency that the Outlook Connector for MSN synchronizes in Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003
When you use the Microsoft Outlook connector for MSN, Microsoft Outlook appears to synchronize and perform the Send/Receive function more frequently than expected.
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Change the frequency that the Outlook Connector for MSN synchronizes
To change the frequency that the Outlook Connector for MSN synchronizes, follow these steps:
- Quit Outlook.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Office Outlook Connector
- After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type Srvpoll_period, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click Srvpoll_period, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type a value that is between 10 and 60 minutes, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
Method 2: Disable the Outlook Send/Receive setting
To disable the Outlook Send/Receive settings, click Send/Receive
on the Tools
menu, click Send/Receive Settings
, and then click to remove the Disable Scheduled Send/Receive
Note that the Outlook Send/Receive settings and other functions are independent of the Outlook Connector for MSN functions.
Outlook Connector, frequency, polling, sync, interval, change, settings, bandwidth, Outlook, send/receive, disable, automatic, manualOL2003 OL2002
Article ID: 889694 - Last Review: 09/20/2011 22:46:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition