Minimum System Requirements for MASM 6.0
This article was previously published under Q89143
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft Macro Assembler version 6.0 requires the following systemconfiguration:
- MS-DOS or PC-DOS operating system version 3.0 or later, or OS/2 operating system version 1.1 or later.
- An 8 MHz PC using 80286 processor or better strongly recommended.
- At least 640K memory (1 MB recommended) for MS-DOS operating systems and 3 MB memory (4 MB recommended) for OS/2 operating systems.
- A 5.25 inch double sided disk drive or a 3.5 inch double sided disk drive and a hard disk, with a least 4.7 MB of free disk space for the default installation, or 6.2 MB of free disk space for the full installation.
- A Microsoft Mouse (or compatible) is recommended.
The default Macro Assembler installation consists of the following:
- MS-DOS hosted and bound executables (2172K)
- Include files (44K)
- Sample programs (371K)
- Online help files (1943K)
- OS/2 hosted executables
- OS/2 libraries
- OS/2 include files
RAM needed setup install 6.00
Article ID: 89143 - Last Review: 10/14/2013 17:50:00 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Macro Assembler 6.0 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive KB89143