FIX: Updates for Windows Media Player 9 Series and for Windows Media Player 10
Technical update, May 10, 2005:
- Windows Media Player may ignore a fractional STARTTIME value and a fractional DURATION value for a non-English locale.
- A memory leak may occur when you play back DVR-MS files in Windows Media Player.
- Script commands may not start in Windows Media Player after a seeking operation.
- In certain situations, certain types of Windows Media Digital Rights Management (WMDRM)-protected content may cause Windows Media Player to redirect a user to a Web page to acquire a license without prior warning. This redirect may occur even if a user has cleared the Acquire licenses automatically for protected content check box on the Privacy tab of the Options dialog box.
- The code in Windows Media Player that parses the .asx files relies on the English "." character as the separating decimal symbol and did not acknowledge any other separating decimal symbol.
- The Windows Media Player left the underlying filter graph in a paused state when it tried to shut down. This condition left references open and caused a leak.
- A flag within Windows Media Player was not correctly set. Therefore, the timers did not start when the script command occurred.
- The privacy option setting does not properly prevent WMDRM-protected content from opening a Web page without requesting permission.
Windows Media Player 10 for Windows XPThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft download center:
Download the WindowsMedia10-KB892313-x86-INTL.exe package now.
Windows Media Player 10 for Windows Server 2003, 32 bit editionThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft download center:
Download the WindowsServer2003-KB892313-x86-INTL.exe package now.
Windows Media Player 10 for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, 64 bit editionsThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft download center:
Download the WindowsMedia10-KB892313-x64-INTL.exe package now.
Windows Media Player 9 Series for Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003The following file is available for download from the Microsoft download center:
Download the WindowsMedia9-KB892313-x86-INTL.exe package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name Version --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 11-Feb-2005 11:59 126.96.36.19963 4,870,144 Wmp.dll Windows Media Player 9 Series (Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003) 16-Feb-2005 11:00 10.0.0.3901 5,525,504 Wmp.dll Windows Media Player 10 (Windows XP) 12-Jul-2005 01:19 10.0.0.3701 6,045,696 Wmp.dll Windows Media Player 10 (Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server, 64-bit editions) 12-Jul-2005 01:00 10.0.0.3701 6,045,696 Wmp.dll Windows Media Player 10 (Windows 2003 Server, 32-bit edition)
Article ID: 892313 - Last Review: 09/27/2011 13:41:00 - Revision: 8.0
- atdownload kbwinserv2003sp2fix kbsecadvisory kbbug kbfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB892313