Microsoft has released the Microsoft Office Word 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package for Word 2003. This article describes the following information about the hotfix package:
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Word 2003 issues that are fixed in the Word 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated January 31, 2005.
Issues that the hotfix package fixes
This hotfix package fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- The Styles and Formatting task pane or the Reveal Formatting task pane may flicker. This behavior may cause a momentary loss of focus in the document. This behavior may occur when the following conditions are true:
- You use the WindowSelectionChange event in a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro in a Word 2003 document.
- You move the insertion point in the Word 2003 document.
- When you repeatedly use a VBA macro to find the shapes in a Word 2003 document, Word may perform slowly. For example, this behavior may occur when you use a VBA macro with the ShapeRange property.
Service pack information
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
The following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office 2003 SP1 installed.
For additional information about Office 2003 SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with SP1 installed or without SP1 installed. However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on Office 2003 with SP1 than we have on Office 2003 without SP1. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 without SP1, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is replaced by a later hotfix.
For more information about this hotfix, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the Word 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package: February 7, 2005
You do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to enable any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
The following is the download information.
Date Time Version Size File name
31-Jan-2005 19:02 5.0.2919.6304 6,657,056 Office2003-kb893219-glb.exe
The following is the Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information.
Date Time Size File name
31-Jan-2005 18:02 9,306,112 Winwordff.msp (Full-file/administrative)
31-Jan-2005 16:34 2,590,720 Winwordop.msp (Optimized)
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name
28-Jan-2005 22:04 11.0.6420.0 12,053,192 Winword.exe
- For additional information about installing this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For additional information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For additional information about the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 893219 - Last Review: January 15, 2015 - Revision: 8.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbHotfixServer kboffice2003sp2fix kbprogramming kbautomation kbvba kbperformance kbbug kbfix kbhotfixrollup kboffice2003presp2fix KB893219|