Description of the Microsoft Office XP post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: February 21, 2005
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft has released the Microsoft Office XP post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Office XP. This article describes the following information about the hotfix package:
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Microsoft Outlook 2002 issue that is fixed in the Office XP post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated February 21, 2005.
back to the top
Issue that the hotfix package fixesThis hotfix package fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- You try to forward an e-mail message in Outlook 2002. If you run object model code to add an attachment to the forwarded e-mail message, the forward header is removed from the e-mail message.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
back to the top
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed. For additional information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:832671 Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer version 2.0 or a later version. For additional information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:330537 Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, we have tested this fix on Office XP SP3 more extensively than we have on Office XP SP2. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP SP2, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
back to the top
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
back to the top
Registry informationYou do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
back to the top
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 21-Feb-2005 11:54 7,857,664 Outlookff.msp 21-Feb-2005 08:18 3,687,936 Outlookop.mspAfter you install the hotfix, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 80,584 Dlgsetp.dll 08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 39,624 Dumpster.dll 26-Apr-2004 19:27 10.0.6712.0 109,256 Envelope.dll 30-May-2003 18:08 10.0.5328.0 253,952 Exchcsp.dll_0001 27-Aug-2004 04:52 10.0.6729.0 346,824 Exsec32.dll_0001 11-Nov-2004 12:48 10.0.6740.0 137,928 Impmail.dll 17-Sep-2004 22:27 10.0.6732.0 207,552 Msoutl.olb 05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 187,072 Oladd.fae 05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 170,688 Olappt.fae 05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 137,920 Oljrnl.fae 08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 133,824 Olmail.fae 05-May-2004 03:47 10.0.6713.0 166,592 Oltask.fae 08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 543,424 Outlcm.dll 04-Dec-2003 00:54 10.0.6501.0 92,688 Outlctl.dll 17-Feb-2005 03:28 10.0.6752.0 6,339,272 Outllib.dll 08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 92,872 Outlmime.dll 17-Feb-2005 03:28 10.0.6752.0 47,816 Outlook.exe 22-Oct-2004 22:52 10.0.6737.0 125,632 Outlph.dll 08-Apr-2004 02:24 10.0.6711.0 47,816 Outlvbs.dll_0001 25-Nov-2002 18:50 10.0.4721.0 47,688 Recall.dllNote For additional information about installing this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.back to the top
For additional information about the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesback to the top
Article ID: 894316 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 08:41:42 - Revision: 2.4
Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbofficexppostsp3fix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbattachments kbemail kbfix kbhotfixrollup KB894316