Microsoft has released the Microsoft Office 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package for Microsoft Office 2003. This article describes the following information about the hotfix package:
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Microsoft Office 2003 issues that are fixed in the Office 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package that is dated March 4, 2005.
Issues that the hotfix package fixes
This hotfix package fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- If you insert an Enhanced Metafile (.emf) picture into a document in a Microsoft Office 2003 program, lines that are contained in the picture may not be visible.
This issue may occur when the following conditions are true:
- The picture extends outside the boundaries of the drawing canvas.
- The mapping mode is set to MM_ISOTROPIC.
- If you print a Microsoft Office Excel 2003 worksheet that contains a gradient horizontal bar, the print file may be very large when the gradient horizontal bar contains the following:
When the print file is very large, the document may not be printed. Additionally, the following error message may be printed on the page:
- A vertical AutoShape line
- Two colors to create the gradient color of the horizontal bar
Note This issue occurs only on some PostScript printers that do not have sufficient memory to print the created document.
Error: MemoryFull, Offending Command: image.
- If you insert a Computer Graphics Metafile (.cgm) picture into a document in a Microsoft Office 2003 program, the picture is not visible.
Note A .cgm picture that is contained and that is visible in an Office document that was created in an earlier version of Office is not visible when you open the document in an Office 2003 program.
This problem was first fixed in a hotfix that is now contained in a service pack. If you installed the latest Office 2003 service pack, you do not have to install the hotfix.
Service pack information
This problem is corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
The following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office 2003 SP1 installed.
For more information about Office 2003 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with Office 2003 SP1 installed or on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed. However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on a computer that is running Office 2003 with Office 2003 SP1 installed than we have on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you install this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or to modify any registry keys to enable any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
04-Mar-2005 23:21 5.0.2919.6304 2,525,728 Office2003-kb895317-glb.exe
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
Date Time Size File name
04-Mar-2005 22:41 8,983,040 Gdiplusff.msp (full-file/administrative)
04-Mar-2005 20:00 4,965,888 Gdiplusop.msp (optimized)
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name
03-Feb-2005 00:07 6.0.3272.0 1,773,568 gdiplus.dll
- For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For more information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for updating Office 2003 installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
For more information about the terminology that Microsoft uses for software that is corrected after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 895317 - Last Review: January 15, 2015 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
- Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003
- Microsoft Office Access 2003
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbHotfixServer kboffice2003sp2fix kbprint kbgraphic kbgdi kbbug kbfix kbhotfixrollup kboffice2003presp2fix KB895317|