A computer that is running Windows Server 2003 or Systems Management Server 2003 may stop responding
- The following event is logged in the Application event log:
Event ID: 2109
Description: The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty.
Details: Comments and links for event id 2019 from source Srv
- Applications perform slowly on the computer.
- The computer stops responding. Additionally, the computer does not respond to a ping command and must be restarted to recover.
- The SMS Administrator Console stops responding for 5 to 10 minutes on SMS 2003 primary site servers. Additionally, error messages that are similar to the following are logged in the Smsprov.log file: Can't create instance of CSecuredSource for SMS_Site SQL Error: [IM005][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_DBC failedSQL Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (SECDoClientHandshake()). [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SSL Security error -- [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]ConnectionOpen (SECDoClientHandshake()).
Service pack informationTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest Windows Server 2003 service pack.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Windows Server 2003, Itanium-based versions
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 10-Mar-2005 15:52 5.2.3790.286 1,725,440 Wbemcore.dll IA-64
Windows Server 2003, x86-based versions
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 11-Mar-2005 07:54 5.2.3790.286 468,480 Wbemcore.dll
For more information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 895477 - Last Review: 10/09/2011 13:20:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbautohotfix kberrmsg kbbug kbfix kbwinserv2003presp1fix kbHotfixServer kbqfe KB895477