You may receive a script error message when you start Encarta
Internet Explorer Script Error
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
- Make sure that you have a spyware removal software program installed on your computer. You can install Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) or other third-party spyware removal software.
For more information about Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) and other spyware removal software that is available, visit the following Microsoft Web sites:
- Make sure that you update the spyware removal software program to have the latest spyware definition list. See the product documentation for instructions about how to update the software.
- Restart your Microsoft Windows-based computer in Safe Mode.
For more information about how to start your computer in Safe Mode, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:315222 A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP202485 Description of Safe Boot mode in Windows 2000180902 How to start a Windows 98-based computer in Safe Mode122051 How Windows 95 performs a Safe-mode start
- In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs, and then remove all the suspicious software programs.
Note Some of these programs cannot be removed in Safe Mode. If this is the case, note the program names. Then, try to remove the programs in Normal Mode at the end of these steps.
- Run the spyware removal software program to detect and remove any spyware software programs.
- Restart your computer, and then try to start Encarta Reference Library.
Article ID: 895862 - Last Review: 10/30/2007 07:49:44 - Revision: 1.9
- kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot KB895862