Description of the Microsoft Office 2003 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package: April 6, 2005
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
back to the top
Issue that the hotfix package fixesThis hotfix package fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- When you print an image document, such as an .mdi file, a .tif file, or a .tiff file, from Microsoft Office 2003 Document Imaging to a printer, you may experience resource limitations in the Graphics Device Interface (GDI). One or more of the following symptoms may occur:
- The program may be unresponsive and may appear to stop responding.
- The document does not print.
- The following event message may be logged in the system event log:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Print Event
Event ID: 61
Description: The document document name owned by username failed to print on printer printer name. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 3003. A StartDocPrinter call was not issued.
Service pack informationThis problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
back to the top
PrerequisitesThe following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office 2003 SP1 installed.
For more information about Office 2003 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:842532 Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with Office 2003 SP1 installed or on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed. However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on a computer that is running Office 2003 with Office 2003 SP1 installed than we have on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this hotfix.
back to the top
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
back to the top
Registry informationYou do not have to create or modify any registry keys to enable the hotfix that this package contains.
back to the top
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name ------------------------------------------------------------------------- 06-Apr-2005 06:55 5.0.2919.6304 1,236,512 Office2003-kb896604-glb.exe
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
Date Time Size File name ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 06-Apr-2005 01:47 6,235,136 Mdivwctlff.msp (full-file/administrative) 05-Apr-2005 23:07 3,053,568 Mdivwctlop.msp (optimized)
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------- 16-Mar-2005 01:55 11.0.6426.2 444,416 Mdivwctl.dll 18-May-2004 23:06 11.0.2232.1 1,035,264 Mspcore.dll
- For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For more information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for updating Office 2003 installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 896604 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 02:22:10 - Revision: 3.7
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kboffice2003sp2fix kbprint kberrmsg kbbug kbfix kbhotfixrollup kboffice2003presp2fix KB896604