Some fields are not displayed when you try to create a data connection from an Office InfoPath form to a list on a Windows SharePoint Services site
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to create a data connection from a form in Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 or in Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003 to a list on a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services site, some fields are not displayed.
This problem occurs because the fields are formatted as rich text. SharePoint List Adapter cannot import rich text fields into an Office InfoPath form.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Create a new custom list on the Windows SharePoint Services site. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type the URL of the SharePoint Services site, and then click OK.
- On the SharePoint menu, click Create.
- On the Create page, under Custom Lists, click Custom List.
- On the New List page, type RichTextList in the Name box, and then click Create.
- Add a new column to the list that you created in step 1. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the task pane, under Actions, click Modify settings and columns.
- On the Customize RichTextList page, under Columns, click Add a new column.
- In the Column name box, type RichTextColumn.
- Click Multiple lines of text to set the type of information in the column.
- Click to select the Allow rich HTML text check box, and then click OK.
- Click the Go Back to "RichTextList" link.
- Click New Item. In the Title box, type An example item. In the RichTextColumn field, type This is the second RichText item.
- Click Save and Close.
- In InfoPath, create a new blank form. To do this, use one of the following methods, depending on the version of InfoPath:
- In InfoPath 2007, click Design a Form Template, click Blank, and then click OK.
- In InfoPath 2003, click Design a Form. In the Design a Form task pane, click New Blank Form.
- Create a data connection to the Windows SharePoint Services site where you created the RichTextList list. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Data Connections.
- In the Data Connections dialog box, click Add.
- In the Data Connections Wizard, click Receive data, and then click Next.
- On the second page of the wizard, click SharePoint library or list, and then click Next.
- On the third page of the wizard, type the complete URL of the SharePoint list. For example, type http://yourserver/yoursite, and then click Next.
- In the list of lists and libraries, click RichTextList, and then click Next.
Article ID: 896693 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 02:22:43 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007, Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003, Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbprb KB896693