Service pack information
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 2.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
The following list contains prerequisites for the hotfix package:
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office 2003 SP1 installed. For more information about Office 2003 SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 1
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with Office 2003 SP1 installed or on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed. However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on a computer that is running Office 2003 with Office 2003 SP1 installed than we have on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 without Office 2003 SP1 installed, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file information
This hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 02-May-2005 22:55 11.0.6505.0 9,990,904 Office2003-kb897247-enu.exe
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
Date Time Size File name -------------------------------------------------------- 02-May-2005 22:53 9,403,392 Olkintlff.msp (full-file/administrative) 02-May-2005 22:53 4,209,152 Olkintlop.msp (optimized) 28-Apr-2005 11:04 9,402,880 Outlookff.msp (full-file/administrative) 28-Apr-2005 05:30 4,208,640 Outlookop.msp (optimized)Note
To enable this hotfix, the following steps must be completed:
- You must install the Olkintff.msp file together with the Outlookff.msp file. Alternatively, you must install the Olkintlop.msp file together with the Outlookop.msp file.
- An Exchange Server hotfix must be installed on the Exchange server that contains your mailbox. For more information about the Exchange Server 2003 hotfix that prevents messages that exceed the configured size limit from being sent to the Exchange server, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
A message that exceeds the configured size limit is sent to a server that is running Exchange Server 2003
After the hotfix is installed, the English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 18-Feb-2005 00:59 11.0.6423.0 88,264 Addrpars.dll 11-Sep-2004 02:17 11.0.6404.0 77,000 Dlgsetp.dll 18-Mar-2005 18:41 11.0.6500.0 132,296 Envelope.dll 01-Mar-2005 21:27 11.0.6424.0 247,808 Exchcsp.dll 29-Jan-2005 00:09 11.0.6420.0 346,312 Exsec32.dll 27-Aug-2004 00:48 11.0.6402.0 122,056 Impmail.dll 18-Feb-2005 02:16 11.0.6423.0 158,912 Oladd.fae 18-Feb-2005 02:16 11.0.6423.0 152,264 Olappt.fae 27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 117,952 Oljrnl.fae 27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 113,344 Olmail.fae 27-Aug-2004 00:57 11.0.6402.0 104,640 Olnote.fae 18-Feb-2005 02:16 11.0.6423.0 147,144 Oltask.fae 22-Apr-2005 05:34 11.0.6505.0 7,585,480 Outllib.dll 24-Feb-2005 21:32 11.0.6424.0 89,288 Outlmime.dll 22-Apr-2005 05:33 11.0.6505.0 196,296 Outlook.exe 18-Mar-2005 18:41 11.0.6500.0 141,000 Outlph.dll 26-Mar-2005 05:06 11.0.6501.0 64,200 Outlrpc.dll 27-Aug-2004 00:47 11.0.6402.0 44,744 Outlvbs.dll 17-Mar-2005 21:32 11.0.6550.0 74,944 Rm.dll 22-Jan-2005 03:20 11.0.6419.0 111,808 Sc2.sam 22-Jan-2005 03:20 11.0.6419.0 143,048 Schplus.sam 11-Oct-2004 19:29 11.0.6408.0 100,552 Transmgr.dll
- For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For more information about the differences between the two .msp files, see the "Strategies for Updating Office 2003 Installations" topic. To see this topic, visit the following Microsoft Web site: