Availability of Windows XP COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 11
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article lists the Microsoft COM+ bugs that are fixed in the Microsoft Windows XP Post-Service Pack 2 (SP2) COM+ hotfix rollup package 11. Each package contains all the fixes that were released in the previous Windows XP Post-Service Pack 2 (SP2) COM+ hotfix rollup packages.
Issues that are fixed in the hotfix packageThe following issues are fixed in this hotfix package:
- For more information about how the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) service has been extended to include the Webservice Atomic Transaction (WS-AT) protocol, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:896728 Availability of Windows XP COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 10
- 899596 FIX: The Dllhost process may unexpectedly time out when you click to select the "Leave running when idle" check box in a COM+ application
- For more information about how the Txflog.dll file causes an error state when it is passed a Local Session Number (LSN) that is not valid, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:896728 Availability of Windows XP COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 10
- This hotfix package removes the CoAccessCheck API to improve integration with the Indigo Microsoft .NET Framework technologies.
- You cannot export from COMAdmin in COM+ 1.0 format.
- If the server process class factory returns CO_E_SERVER_STOPPING, a new server process does not start.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesMicrosoft Windows XP
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Bugs that are fixed in the Windows XP Post-Service Pack 2 (SP2) COM+ hotfix rollup packages are cumulative. The following is a list of articles for the previous rollup packages:
- 317926Availability of Windows XP COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 1
- 330227Availability of Windows XP COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 5
- 828758 Availability of Windows XP COM+ 1.5 Rollup Package 6
- 870769 Availability of Windows XP COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 8
- 895200 Availability of Windows XP COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 9
- 896728 Availability of the Windows XP COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 10
Registry informationYou do not have to create or modify any registry keys to enable any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix contains only those files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain of all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Windows XP, 32-bit versions
Date Time Version Size File name ------------------------------------------------------------ 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 229,888 Catsrv.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 627,712 Catsrvut.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 110,080 Clbcatex.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 501,248 Clbcatq.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 62,464 Colbact.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 195,584 Comadmin.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 97,792 Comrepl.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 1,267,712 Comsvcs.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 540,160 Comuid.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 243,200 Es.dll 09-Jun-2005 00:13 2001.12.4414.30 7,680 Migregdb.exe 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 425,472 Msdtcprx.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 950,272 Msdtctm.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 161,280 Msdtcuiu.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 66,560 Mtxclu.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 91,136 Mtxoci.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 5.1.2600.2694 1,285,632 Ole32.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 5.1.2600.2694 74,752 Olecli32.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 5.1.2600.2694 37,376 Olecnv32.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 5.1.2600.2694 396,800 Rpcss.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 101,376 Txflog.dll 09-Jun-2005 03:18 2001.12.4414.30 11,776 Xolehlp.dll
For more information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when it corrects software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 897696 - Last Review: 01/17/2015 10:35:23 - Revision: 3.7
Microsoft COM+ 1.5, Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbhotfixrollup kbfix kbbug kbhotfixserver kbqfe KB897696