How to access the "Preserving OEM Pre-Activation when Re-installing Windows XP" white paper for Windows XP
Microsoft has released a white paper that explains how to preserve the preactivated status of Microsoft Windows XP when you use one of the following methods to reinstall Windows XP:
- You use the sysprep –reseal –mini command.
- You modify the OOBEinfo.ini file.
- You perform a manual installation.
- You perform an unattended installation.
Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) frequently preactivate Windows XP software that they install on the computers that they manufacture.
To view the "Preserving OEM Pre-Activation when Re-installing Windows XP" white paper, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 899356 - Last Review: 10/26/2007 08:13:05 - Revision: 1.4
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition