Ink programs may close unexpectedly in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You are using a Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC 2005-based Tablet PC.
- The Tablet PC is running Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 common language runtime (CLR 2.0).
- You try to use the ink collection for the Tablet PC and managed objects in a Windows Form.
- Some ink programs may not be able to copy and paste digital ink to and from the Clipboard.
- Some ink programs that group ink strokes as words may not group correctly.
- Some ink programs that you use may close unexpectedly.
This problem occurs because the Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) version of the Microsoft.Ink.dll file is not compatible with Visual Studio 2005 CLR 2.0.
To resolve this problem, install the latest update for the Microsoft.Ink.dll file from Microsoft. The following file is available for download from the Microsoft download center:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 900722 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 15:32:34 - Revision: 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive atdownload kbdownload kbwinxppresp3fix kbbug kbfix kbqfe KB900722