Description of the Word 2002 Post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: June 10, 2005
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft has released the Word 2002 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package for Microsoft Word 2002. This article describes the following information about the hotfix package:
- Issues that the hotfix package fixes
- Prerequisites for installing the hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix package
- Information about whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Information about whether you must make any registry changes to use one or more of the hotfixes in the package
- Files that the hotfix package contains
This article describes the Microsoft Word 2002 issue that is fixed in the Word 2002 post-Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix package that is dated June 10, 2005.
The issue that the hotfix package fixesThis hotfix package fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- You copy text that contains a list template or a list style that includes a multilevel numbered outline from a Word 2002 document. The numbers for the first level appear in the following format: 1.The numbers for the second level appear in the following format:
3.1.1.The numbers for the third level appear in the following format:
22.214.171.124.1.If you paste this text to a different Word 2002 document, only the first level of the multilevel numbered outline appears.
Word 2002 may crash if you use one of the following methods to recover the other levels of the multilevel numbered outline:
- You right-click the first number in the list. Then, you click Restart numbering.
- You right-click the first number in list. Then, you click Continue numbering.
- You right-click the first number in the list. You click Bullets and Numbering. Then, you select a different numbering option.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP3 installed.
For more information about Office XP SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:832671 Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer version 2.0 or a later version.
For more information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:330537 Office XP updates and patches released after September 2002 may require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). However, we have tested this fix on Office XP SP3 more extensively than we have on Office XP SP2. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office XP SP2, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
Registry informationYou do not have to create or modify any registry keys to use any hotfixes that this package contains.
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name -------------------------------------------------------- 10-Jun-2005 16:24 6,638,080 Winwordff.msp (full-file/administrative) 10-Jun-2005 16:24 2,997,760 Winwordop.msp (optimized)After you install the hotfix, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------- 09-Jun-2005 17:39 10.0.6766.0 10,635,976 Winword.exeNote For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.
For more information about the terminology that Microsoft uses for software that is corrected after the software is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 901031 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 09:07:34 - Revision: 2.2
Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbofficexppostsp3fix kbformat kbnumbering kbfix kbhotfixrollup KB901031