Items are not sorted as expected when you are using a third-party mailbox store in Outlook 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You are using a third-party mailbox store in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.
- You try to group or to sort items in a custom view.
This problem may occur if the following conditions are true:
- The third-party mailbox store is using the IMAPITable implementation.
- The third-party mailbox store uses the ITableData::HrGetView method to generate an IMAPITable interface.
This problem was first fixed in a hotfix that is now contained in a service pack. If you installed the latest Office 2003 service pack, you do not have to install the hotfix.
Service pack informationThis problem is corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3. To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
870924 How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
How to obtain the hotfixThis issue is fixed in the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package that is dated December 6, 2005. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
899340 Description of the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package: December 6, 2005
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
This problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3.
outlook2003 outlook2k3 ol2003 ol2k3
Article ID: 905303 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 08:47:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kboffice2003sp3fix kbview kbemail kboffice2003presp3fix kbexpertiseinter kbbug kbfix kbqfe KB905303