A virtual server error message periodically appears when a virtual hard disk file cannot be read in MOM 2005
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You configure a virtual machine in Microsoft Virtual PC or Microsoft Virtual Server.
- You configure this virtual machine on a computer that is running Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005 with Microsoft Virtual Server Management Pack for MOM 2005.
- The virtual hard disk (.vhd) file that was defined for the virtual machine does not exist or cannot be read.
In this scenario, an error message that is similar to the following periodically appears in the MOM 2005 Operator console:
"Virtual Server – Service Discovery” script failed on line number 335
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Restore or re-create the faulty virtual hard disk.
- Remove the virtual machine configuration that contains the virtual hard disk file that does not exist or cannot be read.
Article ID: 905418 - Last Review: 01/14/2015 10:51:55 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB905418