In Sybari Antigen, you may receive the following error message:
Unable to Connect to Service (CoCreateInstanceEx returned 0x80070005)
This issue may occur if there is an issue with DCOM. The Antigen client uses the DCOM protocol to connect to the backend processes.
Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the workstation is connected to the server. To do this, run a ping command together with the server name. Or, try to map to a network share on the server.
- Make sure that the workstation and the server are in the same internal domain on the network. Alternatively, make sure that a two-way domain trust exists between the workstation domain and the server domain.
- Make sure that the user account that is logged on to the workstation has the appropriate permissions to access the Antigen service on the server. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg, and then click OK.
- In the left pane, expand Component Services, expand Computers, expand My Computer, and then expand DCOM Config.
- Right-click AntigenService, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab, and then click Edit in the Launch and activation permissions section.
- In the Permissions dialog box, make sure that either of the following conditions is true:
- The user account is listed under Group or user names. If the user account is not listed, add this user account. Then, give this user account full permissions.
- The user account is a member of a group that has Allow Access user rights.
- Close the Permissions dialog box.
- On the Security tab, click Edit in the Access Permissions section, and then repeat step 3e.
- On the Security tab, click Edit in the Configuration Permissions section, and then repeat step 3e.
- Make sure that DCOM is enabled on the user workstation. The Antigen client connects to the Antigen service by using DCOM. If DCOM is disabled on the user workstation, the Antigen client cannot connect to the Antigen service on the server. To determine whether DCOM is enabled, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- Examine the value in the Data column. If the value is set to Y, DCOM is enabled. If the value is set to N, DCOM is not enabled.
Article ID: 906011 - Last Review: February 28, 2007 - Revision: 1.2
- Sybari Antigen 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange
- Sybari Antigen 8.0 for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
- Sybari Antigen 8.0 for IM
- Sybari Antigen 8.0 for SMTP Gateways
- Sybari Antigen 7.5 for IM
- Sybari Antigen 7.5 for Microsoft Exchange
- Sybari Antigen 7.5 for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
- Sybari Antigen 7.5 for SMTP Gateways