You may experience slow performance when you run 32-bit SQL Server tools on 64-bit operating systems
- SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Database Engine Tuning Advisor
To improve performance, run these 32-bit tools on a computer that is running a 32-bit operating system. Then, connect to a 64-bit server that is running SQL Server.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Development Studio is not designed to run on the IA-64 64-bit architecture and is not installed on IA-64-based servers.SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Development Studio is the 32-bit development environment for business intelligence solutions.
- If you have 64-bit (x64) management tools, SQL Server Integration Services, and SQL Server Notification Services installed as part of a 64-bit instance of SQL Server 2005, you cannot install 32-bit versions of the same components in a side-by-side configuration.
Article ID: 906892 - Last Review: 11/20/2007 17:43:09 - Revision: 4.4
- kbinfo kbsql2005tool kbsql2005setup kbtshoot KB906892