You cannot view a list in Datasheet view on a Windows SharePoint Services website
Consider the following scenario:
- You connect to a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 website or a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 website.
- You view a list.
- You try to view the list in Datasheet view.
In this scenario, you cannot view the list in Datasheet View as expected.
This behavior occurs if one or more if the following conditions are true:
- A datasheet component that is compatible with Windows SharePoint Services is not installed.
- A Microsoft Office 2003 Professional edition is not installed on the computer.
- The Web browser does not support ActiveX controls.
- Support for ActiveX controls is disabled.
This behavior is by design.
For information about an issue in which you can view a list in Datasheet View after you install the 64-bit version of Office 2010, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:2266203
You cannot view a list in Datasheet view after you install the 64-bit version of Office 2010
Article ID: 909506 - Last Review: 07/12/2013 08:14:00 - Revision: 7.1
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010