Game performance may be poor on a Windows XP-based computer that is using a dual-core processor
- The game stops responding during game play.
- The game stops responding during the rendering process.
- Game performance is slow.
- Install the latest update for your game. Visit the game publisher's Web support page to determine whether an update is available. If the game is a Microsoft product, visit the following Microsoft Web site for help:
- The Minimal Power Management power scheme may cause issues for some games on some systems. Therefore, you may be able to resolve the issue by using a different power management scheme. Click Start, click Run, type powercfg.cpl, and then click OK. Select a power scheme other than Minimal Power Management in the Power schemes box.
- If the issue still occurs, install the latest drivers for your processor. To contact AMD for driver information, visit the following AMD Web site:
- If the issue still occurs, install the latest drivers for your motherboard.
- If the issue still occurs, upgrade the computer's BIOS. For more information about how to upgrade the BIOS, contact the manufacturer of your computer's motherboard.
Warning If you incorrectly update, or flash, the computer BIOS, you may make the computer inoperable.
Technical support for x64-based versions of Microsoft WindowsYour hardware manufacturer provides technical support and assistance for x64-based versions of Windows. Your hardware manufacturer provides support because an x64-based version of Windows was included with your hardware. Your hardware manufacturer might have customized the installation of Windows with unique components. Unique components might include specific device drivers or might include optional settings to maximize the performance of the hardware. Microsoft will provide reasonable-effort assistance if you need technical help with your x64-based version of Windows. However, you might have to contact your manufacturer directly. Your manufacturer is best qualified to support the software that your manufacturer installed on the hardware.
For product information about Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 909944 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 03:37:31 - Revision: 2.4
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot KB909944