You cannot log on to your computer by using the Fingerprint Reader if the screensaver is password protected
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You cannot log on to your computer by using the Microsoft Fingerprint Reader if the screensaver is password protected.
This issue occurs if the computer has only one user account.
Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
To resolve this issue, create another user account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type nusrmgr.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Under Pick a task, click Create a new account.
- In the Type a name for the new account box, type the name for the new account, and then click Next.
- Under Pick an account type, click the account type that you want, and then click Create Account.
Article ID: 910217 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 09:11:50 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Optical Desktop with Fingerprint Reader, Microsoft Fingerprint Reader
- kbnosurvey kbarchive dftsdahomeportal kbtshoot KB910217