This article describes the fixes and updates that are included in Update Rollup 2 for eHome Infrared Receiver for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
Microsoft has released Update Rollup 2 for eHome Infrared Receiver for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. This update is intended for systems that are running Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
For more information about Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Update Rollup 2 for eHome Infrared Receiver is cumulative and is available from the Microsoft Download Center and from Microsoft Windows Update. This update rollup adds support for the Microsoft Media Center infrared (IR) keyboard and support for new IR receivers.
Update Rollup 2 for eHome Infrared Receiver adds support for new models of IR remote devices and keyboards and for additional keys on IR remote devices and keyboards. The system now recognizes additional vendor IDs and device IDs. The update also improves the way that Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 recognizes new IR remote devices. With this update, Media Center is better able to load the driver for IR remote devices and to read information about the model and manufacturer of the device. Because of these improvements, you can more easily find the correct driver for an IR remote device.
Besides these improvements and the fixes that are contained in the 888795, 905213, and 890546 hotfixes, this update resolves the following issues:
- When you install a new version of a driver for an IR remote device, not all the old system files are correctly replaced. Because of this problem, some device features may not work correctly.
- If you install the Media Center IR driver and the IR remote device is connected, some device features do not work correctly. After you install this update, you do not have to disconnect the IR remote device when you install the Media Center IR driver.
- If you install the Media Center IR driver and Media Center is recording, the Media Center keyboard may not work correctly until after you restart the computer. After you install this update, you do not have to restart the computer if you install the Media Center IR driver while Media Center is recording.
How to download Update Rollup 2 for eHome Infrared Receiver
To download Update Rollup 2 for eHome Infrared Receiver, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
- Microsoft Windows Update:
- Microsoft Download Center:
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 912024 package now.
Release Date: January 24, 2006
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Update rollup information
You must be running Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 to install this hotfix.
Update rollup replacement information
This update rollup replaces the updates that were discussed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
Update Rollup 1 for eHome Infrared Receiver for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
USB devices stop working in Windows XP Media Center Edition
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform||SP requirement||Service branch|
How to remove this update
To remove this update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Click to select the Show Updates check box.
- Click Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB912024, and then click Remove.
A system administrator can use the Spunist.exe tool to remove this update rollup. The Spuninst.exe tool is located in the %windir%\$NTUninstallKBnnnnnn
$\Spuninst folder. This tool supports the following setup switches:
- /? Show the list of installation switches.
- /u Use unattended mode.
- /f Force other programs to quit when the computer shuts down.
- /z Do not restart when the installation is completed.
- /q Use quiet mode. Quiet mode requires no user interaction.
Media Center Technical Support
Because Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition was included with your hardware device or system, the hardware manufacturer provides technical support and assistance for this software. Your manufacturer may have customized the installation with unique components such as specific device drivers and optional settings to maximize the performance of that manufacturer's hardware. If you require technical help with Windows XP Media Center Edition, contact your manufacturer directly because the manufacturer is best qualified to support the software that the manufacturer has installed on the hardware.