January 2006 Update Rollup for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft has released update rollup 912067. This update rollup is intended for computers that are running Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
900325 Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Update rollup 912067 is available from the Microsoft Download Center and from Microsoft Windows Update.
Issues resolvedThis update rollup is cumulative and supersedes update rollup 908250. Besides the fixes that are contained in update rollup 908250, this update resolves the following issues that occur with Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005:
- Video may stutter after you resume the Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based computer from standby (S3) or from hibernation (S4).
- The Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based computer may take five minutes to resume from hibernation. The computer may appear to stop responding and display a black screen during this time.
- Media Center may stop responding when you press ALT+TAB.
- Video may stop responding in Media Center if the computer is using certain models of dual tuners. This problem occurs when both tuners are being used or when you are using a Media Center Extender for Windows XP Media Center Edition.
Update Rollup 914548 supersedes Update Rollup 912067The April 2006 Update Rollup 914548 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 supersedes the 912067 Update Rollup.
To download Update Rollup 914548 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, visit the following Web site:
Update rollup information
PrerequisitesYou must be running Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 to install this update.
Update rollup replacement informationThis update rollup replaces update rollup 908250. For more information about update rollup 908250, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
908250 Update Rollup 908250 is available for computers that are running Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
File informationThe English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
How to remove this updateTo remove this update, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Click to select the Show Updates check box.
- Click Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB912067, and then click Remove.
- /? Show the list of installation switches.
- /u Use unattended mode.
- /f Force other programs to quit when the computer shuts down.
- /z Do not restart when the installation is completed.
- /q Use quiet mode. Quiet mode requires no user interaction.
Media Center Technical SupportBecause Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition was included with your hardware device or system, the hardware manufacturer provides technical support and assistance for this software. Your manufacturer may have customized the installation with unique components such as specific device drivers and optional settings to maximize the performance of that manufacturer's hardware. If you require technical help with Windows XP Media Center Edition, contact your manufacturer directly because the manufacturer is best qualified to support the software that the manufacturer has installed on the hardware.
Article ID: 912067 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 04:02:44 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbqfe kbhotfixserver atdownload kbexpertisebeginner KB912067