The printer operates in manual feed mode when you print a document in Word 2003
- You have more than one printer installed on the computer.
- You do not select the default printer to print the Word 2003 document.
Note Manual feed mode requires that you manually feed paper to the printer.
- The default printer has Auto Select selected as the paper source.
- The printer that you selected does not have Auto Select selected as the paper source.
How to obtain the hotfixThis issue is fixed in the Word 2003 post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package that is dated December 22, 2005. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To enable this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Quit Word 2003.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Options
- After you select the key that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type AlternatePaperSourceUse, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click AlternatePaperSourceUse, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 912199 - Last Review: 10/09/2011 07:35:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbprint kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbbug kbfix KB912199