After you apply some updates, you may experience some issues when you try to seek, to fast rewind, or to fast forward in Windows Media Player 10
After you apply some updates to Microsoft Windows Media Player 10, you may experience the following issues when you try to seek, to fast rewind, or to fast forward:
- The position slider jumps back to the start of the media file.
- Content playback freezes, even though the status shows that the content is playing.
These issues may occur after you apply one of the following updates:
MS06-005: Vulnerability in Windows Media Player could allow remote code execution
FIX: Update to enable DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) of Windows Media Video content in Windows Media Player 10
Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
The current position may be miscalculated in certain streaming scenarios.
To work around these issues, you can use one of the following methods on the server that is running Microsoft Windows Media Services 9 Series:
- If the server is running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1), disable the Advanced Fast Start feature on the publishing point.
- Make sure that the server-side playlist does not use the clipBegin element.
WMP DXVA seek Advanced Fast Start
Article ID: 912226 - Last Review: 03/21/2006 17:49:26 - Revision: 1.4
- Windows Media Player 10
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 Update Rollup 2