Jet 4.0 data engine update fixes issues that may occur on a Windows XP-based computer
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You may experience one or more of the following symptoms on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer:
- When you run a query that joins text columns in Microsoft Access or in a Microsoft Visual Studio program, you receive an error message that is similar to the following:Cannot repeat table name table name in FROM clause.
- When you try to start the Microsoft Works Calendar, you receive an error message that is similar to the following:Works cannot access one or more files it needs to run the Calendar. The files may have been renamed, deleted, or moved. Try reinstalling Works, and then starting the program again.
- When you use programs that use the Microsoft Jet 4.0 database engine, various issues occur. For example, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:
Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find object ‘object name’. Please confirm the existence of objects, and the right to write its name and path.
These symptoms may occur when the following conditions are true:
- You are running a program that uses the Jet 4.0 database engine.
- The operating system language is set to a language that was not previously supported by the Jet 4.0 database engine.
Note You set the operating system language under Standards and Formats in Regional and Language Options in Control Panel. See the "Supported languages" section for a list of languages that are supported by the Jet 4.0 database engine.
Update informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft download center:
Download the 913296 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesTo install this update, you must have security update 837001 (Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-014) or Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed on the computer.
Restart requirementIf you are running any program that uses the Jet 4.0 database engine, you must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
File informationThe English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform||SP requirement||Service branch|
Supported languagesThe Jet 4.0 database engine supports the following operating system languages.
|Chinese||Hong Kong SAR|
|Chinese||Peoples Republic of China|
|Chinese PRC (Chinese Stroke count)|
|German Phone Book|
|Serbian - Cyrillic|
|Serbian - Latin|
|Spanish||Spain (Modern Sort)|
|Spanish||Spain (Traditional Sort)|
Article ID: 913296 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 04:22:17 - Revision: 2.2
Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Starter Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Office Access 2003, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition, Microsoft Works 8.0, Microsoft Works 7.0, Microsoft Works 6.0, Microsoft Works Suite 2006, Microsoft Works Suite 2005, Microsoft Works Suite 2004, Microsoft Works Suite 2003, Microsoft Works Suite 2002, Microsoft Works Suite 2001, Microsoft Works Suite 2000
- kbnosurvey kbarchive atdownload kbwinserv2003sp2fix kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbhowto KB913296