You may experience one or more of the following symptoms on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer:
- When you run a query that joins text columns in Microsoft Access or in a Microsoft Visual Studio program, you receive an error message that is similar to the following:
Cannot repeat table name table name in FROM clause.
- When you try to start the Microsoft Works Calendar, you receive an error message that is similar to the following:
Works cannot access one or more files it needs to run the Calendar. The files may have been renamed, deleted, or moved. Try reinstalling Works, and then starting the program again.
- When you use programs that use the Microsoft Jet 4.0 database engine, various issues occur. For example, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:
Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find object ‘object name’.
Please confirm the existence of objects, and the right to write its name and path.
These symptoms may occur when the following conditions are true:
- You are running a program that uses the Jet 4.0 database engine.
- The operating system language is set to a language that was not previously supported by the Jet 4.0 database engine.
Note You set the operating system language under Standards and Formats in Regional and Language Options in Control Panel. See the "Supported languages" section for a list of languages that are supported by the Jet 4.0 database engine.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft download center:
Download the 913296 package now.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
To install this update, you must have security update 837001 (Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-014) or Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed on the computer.
If you are running any program that uses the Jet 4.0 database engine, you must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement information
This update does not replace any other updates.
The English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform||SP requirement||Service branch|
The Jet 4.0 database engine supports the following operating system languages.
Collapse this tableExpand this table
|Arabic ||Saudi Arabia|
|Chinese ||Hong Kong SAR|
|Chinese ||Hong Kong|
|Chinese ||Macao SAR|
|Chinese ||Peoples Republic of China|
|Chinese PRC (Chinese Stroke count)|
|Chinese ||Taiwan Bopomofo|
|Lithuanian Classic |
|English ||United Kingdom|
|English ||New Zealand|
|English ||South Africa|
|English ||U.S. (General)|
|Georgian modern |
|German Phone Book |
|Hungarian Technical |
|Japanese Unicode |
|Korean Unicode |
|Macedonian (FYROM) |
|Malay ||Brunei Darussalam|
|Serbian - Cyrillic |
|Serbian - Latin |
|Spanish ||Costa Rica|
|Spanish ||Dominican Republic|
|Spanish ||El Salvador|
|Spanish ||Puerto Rico|
|Spanish ||Spain (Modern Sort)|
|Spanish ||Spain (Traditional Sort)|
Article ID: 913296 - Last Review: September 25, 2007 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Starter Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office Access 2003
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 8.0
- Microsoft Works 7.0
- Microsoft Works 6.0
- Microsoft Works Suite 2006
- Microsoft Works Suite 2005
- Microsoft Works Suite 2004
- Microsoft Works Suite 2003
- Microsoft Works Suite 2002
- Microsoft Works Suite 2001
- Microsoft Works Suite 2000
|atdownload kbwinserv2003sp2fix kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbhowto KB913296|