Error message when you install Windows Live OneCare: "Error 0034-80070643"
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you visit the Microsoft Windows Live OneCare Web site to install Windows Live OneCare, you may receive the following error message on the Setup page:
This problem can occur if the Microsoft XML (MSXML) components are damaged on the system.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- Under Currently installed Programs, find the components that are related to MSXML 3.0 or to MSXML 4.0.
- Remove all the components that are related to MSXML 3.0 or to MSXML. If you do not find any one of these components, go to the next step.
- Download and install the MSXML components. To do this, visit the following Web sites:
- MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 (Microsoft XML Core Services)Note Scroll to the bottom of the page and download Msxml.msi.
- Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 3.0 Service Pack 7 (SP7)Note Scroll to the bottom of the page and download Msxml3.msi.
- After you install the MSXML components, restart the computer. Then, try to install Windows Live OneCare.
Article ID: 913734 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 17:44:38 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbretire kbexpertisebeginner kbprb kbtshoot KB913734