How to use contacts in the Office Address Book to create mailing labels Word 2004 for Mac
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to use contacts in the Office Address Book to create mailing labels in Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac.
To use contacts in the Office Address Book to create mailing labels in Word 2004 for Mac, follow these steps:
- Start Word 2004 for Mac.
- On the Tools menu, click Data Merge Manager.
- Expand Main Document, click Create, and then click Labels.
- On the Label Options screen, click the printer and the label options that you want, and then click OK.
- Expand Data Source, click Get Data, and then click Office Address Book.
- On the Edit Labels screen, click Insert Merge Field, and then click the field that you want to insert.
Note You can also use a drag-and-drop operation to insert a field.
Repeat this step for each field that you want to appear on the label. After you have inserted the fields that you want to appear on the label, click OK.
Note Make sure that you format the fields as you want them to appear on the label.
- Expand Data Source, and then click Propagate Label Document.
- Expand Merge, and then click Query Options.
- On the Query Options screen, click to clear or click to select the contact categories that you want, and then click OK.
- Under Merge, click Merge to New Document.
To assign a contact to a mailing label category, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac.
- Click Address Book.
- Hold the CTRL key and then click the contact that you want, point to Categories, and then click Assign Categories.
Note To select multiple contacts, hold the COMMAND key and then click each contact that you want. Then, release the COMMAND key. Hold the CTRL key and then click the contacts.
- Click to select the categories that you want, and then click OK.
To create a category for a project, follow these steps:
- Start Entourage 2004 for Mac.
- Click Project Center.
- Double-click the project that you want.
- On the Contacts tab, hold the CTRL key and then click the contact that you want, point to Categories, and then click Edit Categories.
- Click Add Category, type a name for the category, and then press RETURN.
- Close the Categories window.
kbhowto kb how to wd2004 ent2004 off2004 labels category project center mail merge data merge
Article ID: 914207 - Last Review: 11/02/2013 17:35:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac
- kbnosurvey kbarchive dftsdahomeportal kbmerge kbhowto KB914207