You cannot download Windows Genuine Advantage updates on a Windows XP-based computer that you purchased from an Original Equipment Manufacturer
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You cannot download Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) updates on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer that you purchased from an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click My Documents.
- On the Help menu, click Is this copy of Windows legal?
- Follow the instructions on the Web page to validate your copy of Windows.
- After you have successfully validated your copy of Windows, you can download WGA updates.
Article ID: 914225 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 04:36:05 - Revision: 1.4
Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage, Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Starter Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot KB914225