You cannot download Windows Genuine Advantage updates on a Windows XP-based computer that you purchased from an Original Equipment Manufacturer
You cannot download Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) updates on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer that you purchased from an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click My Documents.
- On the Help menu, click Is this copy of Windows legal?
- Follow the instructions on the Web page to validate your copy of Windows.
- After you have successfully validated your copy of Windows, you can download WGA updates.
Article ID: 914225 - Last Review: 01/09/2007 00:21:57 - Revision: 1.4
- Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Starter Edition