Error message when you try to install Windows Defender on a Windows 2000-based computer: "This software requires GDI+ Please load the Windows 2000 Security Software Prerequisite Pack"
The wizard was interrupted before Windows Defender could be completely installed.
Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.
Click Finish to exit the wizard.
To install Windows Defender, you must be running the current version of GDI+. The current version of GDI+ is available from the Microsoft Download Center.
Windows graphics device interface enables applications to use graphics and formatted text on the video display and on the printer. Windows-based applications do not access the graphics hardware directly. Instead, Windows graphics device interface interacts with device drivers on behalf of applications.
- Download the Platform SDK Redistributable: GDI+. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Important When you download the Ggdiplus_dnld.exe file, click Save, and then save the file to the desktop.
- Double-click the Ggdiplus_dnld.exe file, and then click Yes to agree to the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- When you are prompted, unzip all the files to the desktop. To do this, click Browse, double-click Desktop, and then click Unzip.
- Manually copy the Gdiplus.dll file from the desktop to the %systemroot%\System32 folder. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click Start, and then click Explore.
- Click Desktop.
- Right-click the Gdiplus.dll file, and then click Copy.
- Click Start, click Run, type %systemroot%\System32, and then click OK.
- Click Edit, and then click Paste.
- Try to install Windows Defender.
Article ID: 915052 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 04:45:05 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbdefenderrtwyes kbdefenderrtwswept atdownload kbexpertisebeginner kberrmsg KB915052