Invalid security certificate error 0x80072F0D when you sync Windows Mobile
If you have checked with the manufacturer and your device is not locked or if you are using Windows Mobile 6.0 or later version then this problem may be caused by a mismatched or missing certificate on the device or on the Exchange Server with which you are synchronizing.
Step 1: Install the latest version of ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Manager.
Windows XP or earlier operating systemsSome specific causes of this error have been resolved in ActiveSync 4.5. If you are using Windows XP or earlier versions of the operating system, upgrade to ActiveSync 4.5. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/activesync-download.mspx
Windows Vista or later operating systemsIf you receive this error on Windows Vista or later operating systems, upgrade to the latest version of Windows Mobile Device Manager. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center-download.mspx
Step 2: Contact the device manufacturer or mobile operator
Step 3: Make sure you can access the mail on OWA
Step 4: Check the root certificates installed on the client.
- Tap Start, tap Settings, tap System tab and then tap Certificates.
- Tap the Personal, Intermediate, or Root tab, depending on the type of certificate that you want to view.
- Do one of the following:
- Tap and hold the certificate whose details that you want to view. After you see a menu, tap View.
- Tap and hold the certificate that you want to delete. After you see a menu, tap Delete.
- Tap OK
For more advanced technical information:
- Procedures to move the certificate to the phone:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997575(EXCHG.80).aspx
- Procedures to enable SSL on Client Access server:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb266938(EXCHG.80).aspx
- To Download ActiveSync version 4.5 for Windows XP or earlier versions of the operating systems, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/activesync-download.mspx
- To Download Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista or Win 7, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center-download.mspx
- For more information about how to sync your phone and computer, visit the Microsoft Windows Mobile forum for Activesync and Windows Mobile Device Center: http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/windowsmobileactivesync/threads/
- For more information about Windows phones, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/default.mspx
Article ID: 915438 - Last Review: 05/03/2010 21:52:28 - Revision: 5.0
- kberrmsg kbmobility kbtshoot kbprb KB915438