FIX: You may receive an InvalidCastException error in an ASP.NET-connected Web application
- The Web application uses a master page, a user control, or pages that reference each other.
- The master page, the user control, or the pages are batch compiled into a single assembly.
- One of the batched dependencies is changed and causes a recompilation.
- A dynamic call to load a reference is made, such as a call to the LoadControl method.
You may also receive an error message that resembles the following:
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
To download this hotfix from the MSDN Code Gallery, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Note The MSDN Code Gallery displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language listed, it is because the Code Gallery resource page is not available for that language.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Article ID: 915782 - Last Review: 09/22/2011 13:56:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbqfe kbfix kbbug KB915782