Your account may try to send an update to contacts
that the account cannot reach in Groove. When this occurs, a small amount of data persists in the
outgoing Miscellaneous Communications queue.
This issue occurs when one or more of the following conditions
- The contacts no longer exist.
- The contacts are on a Relay Server that no longer
- The local contact information is
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Inventory your workspaces, and then uninvite all members that you
suspect no longer exist or are suspended. This step may need to be completed by a workspace manager.
- Inventory your contacts, and then remove all contacts that you
suspect no longer exist or are corrupted.
- Locate your computer listing.
Remove any computers that show a synchronization error message or
that you know no longer exist.
- To do this in Microsoft Office Groove 2007 or in Groove Virtual Office 3.x, click
Preferences on the Options menu, and then
click the Account tab.
- To do this in Groove Workspace 2.x, click My
If these steps do not
resolve this problem, you must run Grooveclean.exe.Important
Run Grooveclean.exe only if you know the password for this account. This operation removes the Save Password setting. This may make your
To run Grooveclean.exe, follow these steps:
- Click the Groove icon in the notification area, and then
click Exit Groove or Shut Down
- In Windows Explorer, locate your Groove bin directory.
Note By default, the bin directory is in C:\Program Files\Groove
- Double-click Grooveclean.exe.
- Restart Groove.
After you log on to your account, Groove may be set to work
offline. In this case, you will see a red X on the Groove icon in the
notification area. If this occurs, click the icon and change the Work Offline
for other considerations.
Article ID: 916384 - Last Review: January 15, 2015 - Revision: 1.0
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Standard Edition
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Project Edition
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Professional Edition
- Groove Workspace 2.5 Preview Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 File Sharing Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 Professional Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 Project Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.0 Trial Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 File Sharing Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Professional Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Project Edition
- Groove Virtual Office 3.1 Trial Edition
- Microsoft Office Groove 2007
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB916384|