The Management Console snap-in no longer runs after you remove all Communicator Web Access updates
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
After you remove all Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access updates from the server that is running Communicator Web Access, the Management Console snap-in no longer runs.
For example, you have no updates installed on Communicator Web Access. You then install the update that is described in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the update for Communicator Web Access: March 31, 2006
If you remove this update and then try to run the Management Console snap-in, the snap-in will not run.
This problem occurs because the Management Console snap-in is unregistered after the last update for Communicator Web Access is removed.Notes
- This problem will not occur if no updates have been installed on Communicator Web Access.
- This problem will not occur if at least one update remains installed on Communicator Web Access.
To work around this problem, reregister the Management Console snap-in component (Cwasnap.dll). To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Type cd /d "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access\Admin", and then press ENTER.
Note The installation directory for Communicator Web Access may be different on your computer.
- Type regsvr32 cwasnap.dll, and then press ENTER.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
cwa cwa2005 communicator web access live communications server
Article ID: 917246 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 08:22:12 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb kbtshoot kbsetup kbexpertiseinter KB917246