You cannot view sent e-mail messages in Microsoft CRM 3.0
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You have Read permission for all activities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0.
- A user who has the system administrator role grants you share visibility to e-mail activity.
- Share visibility includes Read, Write, and Append permissions.
In this scenario, when you click History
in the Entity
dialog box to view sent e-mail messages, you cannot view the messages.Note
The placeholder Entity
represents the actual entity name. The entity depends on the e-mail activity.
This problem occurs even though the following relationships have been set to Cascade All
- The Share relationship between the e-mail activity and the related entity
- The Reparent relationship between the e-mail activity and the related entity
This problem is fixed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 1. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update Rollup 1 is available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Article ID: 917277 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 08:59:08 - Revision: 5.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbmbsemail kbHotfixServer kbqfe kbmbsmigrate KB917277