Description of the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package: May 8, 2006
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft has released the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.
This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package.
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package.
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the hotfix package contains.
This article describes the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 issues that are fixed in the hotfix package that is dated May 8, 2006.
Issues that the hotfix package fixesThis hotfix package fixes the following issue.
- 918422 Some printer settings may be lost after printing to a different printer in Outlook 2003
- When you type a reply to an e-mail message that contains non-English text in Outlook 2003, the AutoCorrect Options feature may correct the non-English language text in English.
- Consider the following scenario. You make a change to the automatic formatting rules in the Outlook 2003 calendar. Then, you click OK to close the Automatic Formatting dialog box. In this scenario, Outlook may exit unexpectedly. Additionally, you receive the following error message: Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.When you view the data in the error report, you see an error signature that resembles the following error signature:
Application name Application version Module name Module version Offset Outlook.exe 11.0.8010.0 Outllib.dll 11.0.8010.0 0019d701
Service pack informationThis problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3.To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
870924 How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesYou can install this version of the hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with Service Pack 2 installed or Office 2003 with Service Pack 1 installed. However, we have tested this hotfix more extensively on Office 2003 with Service Pack 2 than we have on Office 2003 with Service Pack 1. If you install this hotfix on a computer that is running Office 2003 with Service Pack 1, some file conflicts might occur. We support this configuration, but we do not recommend this configuration.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
Registry informationYou must create a registry key or modify a registry key to use one of the hotfixes that this package contains.For more information about the registry key, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
918422 Printer settings may be lost after printing to a different printer in Outlook 2003
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists.
The global version of this hotfix uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
After the hotfix package is installed, the global version of this hotfix package has the file attributes, or later file attributes, that are listed in the following table.
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
- For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
- For more information about the terminology that Microsoft uses when Microsoft corrects software after it is released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
outlook2003 outlook2k3 outlook11 ol2003 ol2k3 ol11
Article ID: 917349 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 08:57:09 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kboffice2003sp3fix kberrmsg kbbug kbprinters kbprint kbcalendar kbemail kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbqfe kbhotfixrollup kboffice2003presp3fix kbHotfixServer KB917349