Error message when you start Outlook 2003: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders"
- You are using Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode.
- The custom transform creates a REG_SZ registry value for the ForcePSTPathregistry subkey.
- The custom transform uses an environment variable such as %userprofile%.
Note The Custom Installation Wizard for Office 2003 recommends that you use an environment variable.
- In the Custom Installation Wizard for Office 2003, disable the ForcePSTPath setting in the Change Office User Settings dialog box. This setting is located in the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003\Miscellaneous\PST Settings folder.
- In the Add/Remove Registry Entries dialog box, click Add on the Add Registry Entry tab.
- Type the following registry settings:
- Root: HKEY_Current_UserData Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
- Key: Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook
- Value Name: ForcePSTPath
- Value Data: userprofile\existing_folder_path
- On the Outlook: Customize Default Profile page, click New, and then configure the profile to use Cached Exchange Mode.
- Use this modified custom transform to reinstall Office 2003.
Article ID: 917383 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 05:20:36 - Revision: 1.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseadvanced KB917383