Description of the Office 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package (Mso.dll and IETag.dll): April 12, 2006
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes the Microsoft Office 2003 issues that are fixed in the Office 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package that is dated April 12, 2006.
This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package.
- Whether you must restart your computer after you install the hotfix package.
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the hotfix package contains.
Issues that the hotfix package fixesThis hotfix package fixes the following issue.
- 918295 Error message when you use an .odc file to connect to a specific table in a mail merge data source in Office 2003: "Record 'number' contained too few data fields"
- Consider the following scenario. You add a shortcut to the Favorites folder for an Office 2003 file. This file is located at a network location. On the Web toolbar in an Office 2003 program, you click Favorites, and then you click Open Favorites. Then, you click the shortcut that you created to open the file. In this scenario, the file is not opened. Additionally, you receive the following error message: The folder path to your local Favorites folder\UNC path to network document isn't accessible. The folder may be located in an unavailable location, protected with a password, or the filename may contain a / or \.
Service pack informationThis problem was first corrected in Office 2003 Service Pack 3.To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
870924 How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
Note This hotfix corrects only the problem that is described in this article so that it no longer occurs. If the symptoms described earlier continue to occur after you apply the hotfix, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support
PrerequisitesThis hotfix is a Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2 hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 2 installed.For more information about Office 2003 Service Pack 2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
887616 Description of Office 2003 Service Pack 2
Restart informationYou do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
Registry informationYou must create a registry key or modify a registry key to use one of the hotfixes that this package contains.For more information about the registry key, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
918295 Error message when you use an .odc file to connect to a specific table in a mail merge data source in Office 2003: "Record 'number' contained too few data fields"
File informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists.The global version of this hotfix uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
After the hotfix package is installed, the global version of this hotfix package has the file attributes, or later file attributes, that are listed in the following table.
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
- For more information about how to install this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the hotfix package.
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
office2003 office2k3 office11 off2003 off2k3 off11 access2003 access2k3 access11 acc2003 acc2k3 acc11 excel2003 excel2k3 excel11 xl2003 xl2k3 xl11 frontpage2003 frontpage2k3 frontpage11 fp2003 fp2k3 fp11 onenote2003 onenote2k3 onenote11 on2003 on2k3 on11 outlook2003 outlook2k3 outlook11 ol2003 ol2k3 ol11 powerpoint2003 powerpoint2k3 powerpoint11 ppt2003 ppt2k3 ppt11 project2003 project2k3 project11 prj2003 prj2k3 prj11 publisher2003 publisher2k3 publisher11 pub2003 pub2k3 pub11 visio2003 visio2k3 visio11 vso2003 vso2k3 vso11 word2003 word2k3 word11 wd2003 wd2k3 wd11
Article ID: 917878 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 01:54:03 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003, Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003, Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003, Microsoft Office Access 2003, Microsoft Office OneNote 2003, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003, Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003, Microsoft Office Project Standard 2003, Microsoft Office Publisher 2003, Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kboffice2003sp3fix kberrmsg kbopenfile kbbug kbfix kbhotfixrollup kboffice2003presp3fix kbqfe kbhotfixserver KB917878