A saved.eml file does not open in Compose mode in Outlook Express
This problem prevents you from using saved .eml files as templates. Additionally, you cannot use a saved .eml file multiple times.
Download the KB918766 package now.
Release Date: April 20, 2006
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform||Service Pack requirement|
|Directdb.dll||6.0.2900.2905||86,528||11-May-2006||02:54||x86||Service Pack 2|
|Msoe.dll||6.0.2900.2905||1,314,816||11-May-2006||02:54||x86||Service Pack 2|
|Wab32.dll||6.0.2900.2905||510,976||11-May-2006||02:54||x86||Service Pack 2|
Registry informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To enable this hotfix, edit the registry by following these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
- Type FEATURE_HONOR_XUNSENT_IN_FILE to name the key, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click FEATURE_HONOR_XUNSENT_IN_FILE, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type msimn.exe to name the value, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click msimn.exe, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, click OK, and then exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 918766 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 05:40:19 - Revision: 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive atdownload kbexpertisebeginner kbwinserv2003presp2fix kbwinxpsp3fix kbwinxppresp3fix kbfix kbbug kbqfe KB918766