Availability of the Windows Desktop Search add-in for Files on Microsoft Networks
After you install this add-in in Windows XP and in Windows Server 2003, you can use the Windows Desktop Search Advanced Options dialog box to specify shared network directories and shared FAT drives. The indexing process occurs when one of the following conditions is true:
- The computer is idle.
- You right-click the Windows Desktop Search icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar, and then you click Index Now.
PrerequisitesTo install the Windows Desktop Search add-in for Files on Microsoft Networks, the computer must have one of the following installations:
- Windows Server 2003 or a later version of Windows Server
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) or a later version of Windows XP
- The release version of Windows Vista or a later version of Windows Vista
Additionally, the computer must have Windows Desktop Search 3.0 or a later version of Windows Desktop Search installed.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the UNCFATPHInstaller.msi package now.
Release Date: September 28, 2006
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
More informationFor more information about Windows Desktop Search, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Id. de artículo: 918996 - Última revisión: 12/10/2008 18:58:30 - Revisión: 5.0
- atdownload kbqfe kbexpertisebeginner KB918996