Changes that you make to a meeting request as a delegate are not saved in the local calendar of the owner of the mailbox in Outlook 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario. A recurring weekly appointment has 2 attendees. For one week in the cycle, one of the attendees is on vacation. The attendee's backup will attend instead. If the organizer opens that occurrence, they delete the original attendee, and then they add the attendee's backup, the RequiredAttendees property will list the original attendees and the backup. If a CRM solution synchronizes this data to a backend tracking database, the database will have incorrect information.
Additionally, the person who organized this meeting receives the following error message:
The function cannot be performed because the message has been changed.
How to obtain the hotfixThis issue is fixed in the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Hotfix Package that is dated June 12, 2006. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
920814 Description of the Outlook 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package: June 12, 2006
To enable this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\General
- After you select the subkey that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type FilterDeletedRecipientsforException, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click FilterDeletedRecipientsforException, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 920061 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 05:54:51 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbcalendar kbqfe kbbug kbfix KB920061