Error message when you use the POP3 Connector Manager with MMC 3.0: "'MMC has detected an error in a snap-in"'
Consider the following scenario. You perform one of the following upgrades or installations:
- On a computer that is running Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1), you upgrade Microsoft Management Console (MMC) to MMC 3.0.
- You install Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2. By default, this installation installs MMC 3.0.
Then, you perform one of the following actions:
- You open the Exchange System Manager, and then click POP3 Connector Manager.
- You open the Windows Small Business Server 2003 Server Management tool, and then click POP3 Connector Manager.
In this scenario, when you close the Exchange System Manager program or the Windows Small Business Server 2003 Server Management tool, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
POP3 Connection Manager MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC.
This update is now available through Microsoft Update. To resolve this problem, visit the following Microsoft Update Web site:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. This is a known problem with POP3 Connector Manager.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 921096 - Last Review: 12/03/2007 05:07:00 - Revision: 4.2
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
- kbbug kbfix kbqfe KB921096