You receive error messages in the Environment Diagnostics Wizard when you install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 on a computer that is running the Windows SBS 2003 R2 server software
Cause 1This problem occurs because the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Setup program tries to install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services if you select Standard installation for Windows SBS. However, if the Windows SBS 2003 R2 server software is already installed, SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services is also already installed.
Cause 2The Japanese version and the Chinese version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM do not have the rebuild edition. Therefore, these edition may generate the error that is mentioned in Error message 3 in the "Symptoms" section.
- After you receive the error messages, click Back until the Select Installation Option dialog box appears.
Note You can also restart the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Setup program.
- Click Custom install.
- Click Next until the Specify Reporting Services Server dialog box appears.
- Select Connect to existing Reporting Services Server.
- In the ReportServer field, type the URL of the existing reporting services server.
Note The following is an example of the URL of an existing reporting services server:http://sbsserver/reportserver
- Click Next to continue to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Article ID: 921189 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 17:56:37 - Revision: 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbmbscrm40no kbmbsinstallation kberrmsg kbtshoot kbmbsmigrate kbprb KB921189