Issues that you may experience when you install or after you install the security update for Excel 2002 that is dated July 11, 2006 (security update 918420)
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You may experience one of the following issues when you try to install or after you install the security update for Microsoft Excel 2002 that is dated July 11, 2006 (security update 918420):
- When you try to install the security update, you receive the following error message:
- When you try to repair the installation of the security update, you try to remove the security update, or you try to remove Microsoft Office XP, you receive one of the following error messages:
Fatal Error during installation.
Error 2709: The specified Component name not found in Component table. (Global_Excel_Core)
These issues may occur when the following conditions are true:
- Security update 918420 was installed by using one of the following methods:
- Office Update
- Microsoft Update
- Auto Update
- You try to install security update 918420 on any of the following versions of Office XP:
To work around these issues, download and install security update 918420 from the Microsoft Download Center.
To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
excel2002 excel2k2 excel10 xl2002 xl2k2 xl10
Article ID: 921623 - Last Review: 10/21/2013 18:46:22 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbsetup kberrmsg kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB921623