This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Bug: #980 (SQL Hotfix)
Microsoft distributes Microsoft SQL Server 2005 fixes as one downloadable file. Because the fixes are cumulative, each new release contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous SQL Server 2005 fix release.
This article describes the following about this hotfix release:
- The issues that are fixed by this hotfix package
- The prerequisites for applying this hotfix package
- Whether you must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix package
- Whether this hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- Whether you must make any registry changes after you apply this hotfix package
- The files that are contained in this hotfix package
Consider the following scenario:
- You are running an application was created by using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
- The application contains a ReportViewer control.
- The ReportViewer control is linked to a local Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services report.
- The local report contains a TextBox control.
- The TextBox control is set to use a hyperlink.
Can’t execute code from a freed script
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
For information about how to obtain SQL Server 2005 SP1, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:913089 How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2005
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Registry informationYou do not have to change the registry after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix file informationThis hotfix contains only those files that are required to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 922545 - Last Review: 12/09/2015 06:23:42 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbsql2005rs kbHotfixServer kbqfe KB922545