FIX: After you detach a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database that resides on network-attached storage, you cannot reattach the SQL Server database
BUG #: 1057 (SQL Hotfix)
- The issues that are fixed by this hotfix package
- The prerequisites for applying this hotfix package
- Information about whether you must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix package
- Information about whether this hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package
- The files that are contained in this hotfix package
Service pack informationTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2005. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for this hotfix.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
- Use the -T startup option to start SQL Server. Use this startup option to turn on trace flag 1802 in SQL Server Configuration Manager. For more information about how to change the startup parameters, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site:
- Use the following command to detach the database.
exec sp_detach_db DatabaseName go
- Use the following command to reattach the database.
exec sp_attach_db DatabaseName, '\\Network-attached storage_Path\DatabaseMDFFile.mdf', '\\Network-attached storage_Path\DatabaseLDFFile.ldf' go
Article ID: 922804 - Last Review: 10/09/2011 01:12:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbautohotfix kbsql2005sp2fix kbsql2005engine kbtshoot kbfix kbqfe KB922804