The client stops responding when you try to go offline or to run the "Synchronize Outlook with CRM" function in Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The hotfix that is discussed in this article is not available for the Chinese version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM or for the Japanese version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
When you try to go offline or to run the Synchronize Outlook with CRM
function in Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Microsoft Office Outlook, the client stops responding.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You use the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Software Development Kit (SDK) to create a contact record.
- A field in the contact record contains the following characters:
- A carriage return (\n)
- A line feed (\r)
- The field can only contain a single line. For example, the field is the Job Title field.
This problem is fixed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 2. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update Rollup 2 is available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Article ID: 923281 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 15:10:54 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft CRM client for Microsoft Office Outlook
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbmbsmigrate KB923281